Valentine's Day is a great time to show some love to our local Indiana artisans! Many working artists and makers have a tough time in the winter... craft shows are sparse and income dwindles. Let's invest a little love in the people who make our communities diverse and interesting.
Local gifts have a smaller environmental footprint, and are an investment in our communities (and ourselves). When you buy local, you support a real person and help someone live their dream. It feels good!
Here are some of my favorite artisans who make fun, accessible, and affordable gifts that anyone would love to receive on Valentine's Day:
- 240Sweet Artisan marshmallows in dozens of flavors... need I say more?
- FattyFrogPots Colorful, functional pottery. Show some local spirit with Indiana mugs and magnets.
- OnyxExchange Gorgeous hand-poured candles and body products, perfect for both men and women.
- XChocolat If you want to go the traditional route, give your sweetie organic, fair trade, local chocolate.
- Function Pottery For a hip, unique gift, go for the anatomical drawing heart wine cup.
- BohemianHobbitStudio Hand carved jewelry from native stone is a great way to celebrate Indiana.
- JeanElise Innovative and beautiful toys that encourage creative play, for your little Valentines.
- BrendaKesslerDesigns Delicate handmade jewelry for a range of tastes.
- WarmGlassWonder Bright, happy stained glass creations will remind your loved one that spring is coming.
- SweetrootMassageTherapy Give a gift certificate for a massage, or a Sweetheart Gift Box featuring Teehaus facial care!
I know and admire these artisans, and I think about them and the hard work, expertise, and art they put into everything they make each time I use one of their products. That's real love!